Here’s a quick pop quiz about buyer preferences that’s based on research by the National Association of Realtors. So test your knowledge of today’s Buyers – some answers may surprise you:
1. What’s was the median size of homes purchased between late 2005 and early 2007?
A. 2,230 square feet
B. 1,840 square feet
C. 1,450 square feet
D. 1,000 square feet
2. Repeat buyers tend to be choosier than first-time buyers. In particular, repeat buyers place much more emphasis on these home features:
A. Fireplaces and air filtration systems
B. Bay windows and finished basements
C. Oversized garages and master bedroom walk-in closets
D. Backyards and proximity to entertainment
3. Within three months after buying a home, nearly half of all buyers remodeled or made improvements to which part of the house?
A. Master Bathroom
D. Home office
4. A home’s energy efficiency is most important to which segment of buyers?
A. Repeat buyers
B. Second-home buyers
C. New-home buyers
D. First-time buyers
5. What did new-home buyers most wish their home had more of?
C. Kitchen space
If you got all 5 correct without looking at the answers, give us a call we’ll put you on the list to interview when we hire a buyer’s agent for our team.
Answers: 1(B), 2(C), 3(C), 4(C), 5(A)